What is New Beginnings?
- A way for presbyteries or individual congregations to envision a new future for their churches.
- It is both an assessment and a process:
- As an assessment, it provides congregations with information about their church and community, including a building inspection, a financial review, detailed demographic information and much more.
- As a process, it helps churches use that information to discern a new future story for the congregation.
- While the program is primarily geared to churches in significant decline, it is also helpful for churches who simply feel ‘stuck’ in their present situation.
- Over forty PC(USA) churches are already involved in the program—some of which have already decided on a new beginning!
- Future stories come in many forms, including mission redevelopment, relocation, a full restart, or the possibility of leaving a legacy.